Skip to content
Garnet - January
Amethyst - February
Aquamarine - March
Diamond - April
Emerald - May
Pearl - June
Ruby - July
Peridot - August
Sapphire - September
Opal - October
Topaz - November
Turquoise - December
Search the shop
Are you a gemstone nerd? Find out now and play ...Game of Stones...
Find out now...
1. Which Greek God sent a pair of tigers to devour the maiden Amethyst?
2. Which of these is not a member of the Beryl family?
3. Historically, which gemstone was used by sailors for navigation and known as 'The Vikings Compass'?
4. Which of these is the birthstone for October?
5. Which of these is formed when lava is extruded from a volcano and then cools rapidly?
6. Which of these is not considered an organic gemstone?
7. When yellow Citrine and purple Amethyst are found in the same quartz crystal, what is it called?
8. Which of these is known as ‘Mermaid’s Treasure’?
9. The 170ct Black Prince's Ruby sits in the Imperial State Crown of Great Britain. What gemstone is it?
10. Which of these gemstones has been found on the planet Mars?